Social media policy
Digital Citizenship & Social Media
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy (MCA) recognizes that access to technology in school gives students, parents, families and teachers greater opportunities to learn, engage, communicate, and develop skills that will prepare them for work, life, and citizenship. We are committed to helping students develop 21st-century technology and communication skills. To that end, MCA’s Social Media Policy applies to students, staff and families.
The Internet is a powerful amplifier that can be used to spread positivity or negativity. Scholars can take the high road by applying the concept of “treat others as you would like to be treated” to their actions online, creating positive impact for others and disempowering bullying behavior.
Set an Example
- Use the power of the Internet to spread positivity.
- Stop the spread of harmful or untrue messages by not passing them on to others.
- Respect others’ differences.
- Block mean-spirited or inappropriate behavior online.
- Make an effort to provide support to those being bullied.
- Encourage kids to speak up against and report online bullying.
What our students say
at MCA students are at the center of everything we do
“I really appreciate that MCA provides me with a laptop. It helps me stay organized.”
“You won’t find teachers like this at any other school. They really care about you and your personal life.”
“I am most proud of the support of my teachers who urge me to keep trying and to never give up.”