The MCA Summer Bridge Program is required for all 9th grade scholars and focuses on successfully transitioning students into 9th grade with the skills, expectations, and rigor of the high school environment. This will be done through a focus on organization, study skills, character strengths and personal success skills that are crucial for high school students. The Summer Bridge Program helps to push our mission forward that our students will go to and through college. This begins with success in high school.
Research indicates that students who successfully complete 9th grade increase their chances of graduating high school in four years. The Summer Bridge Program opportunity and expectation is provided to our incoming 9th grade students to increase their likelihood for graduating and graduating on time. Below are key points about the program:
- The program will take place August 25 to 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Thursday, August 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- The program is required for all 9th grade students
- Scholars are expected to attend daily, arrive on time and remain for the duration of the program each day
- Uniform expectations are that students wear khaki pants, black belt, black shoes and a white t-shirt
- Students should bring a spiral note book and pen or pencil
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
Please see the enclosed flyer for more information. If you have any questions about the Summer Bridge Program, please contact our office at (414) 873-4014.