COVID-19 Updates and Information
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy will be sharing regular updates with our school community until school resumes. These updates may be short or may be long, depending on what new information is available that day. Newest information is shared on top. We also invite you to follow our story on social media.
At-Home, Distance Learning Information
For important information and distance learning updates including weekly assignments, learning resources, and technology support, please click the link below.
Dr. Howard Fuller Academy scholars will engage in at-home, distance learning while our school is closed due to the health crisis. Scholars and parents are encouraged to check the resources on this page as learning resumes at our school.
Scholars in the Class of 2023 are required to check their emails, Google Classroom and REMIND for classroom information from your teachers. Classwork information can also be found by clicking the link below.
10th-Grade Weekly Assignments
Scholars in the Class of 2022 are required to check their emails, Google Classroom and REMIND for classroom information from your teachers. Classwork information can also be found by clicking the link below.
11th-Grade Weekly Assignments
Scholars in the Class of 2021 are required to check their emails, Google Classroom and REMIND for classroom information from your teachers. Classwork information can also be found by clicking the link below.
12th-Grade Weekly Assignments
Scholars in the Class of 2020 are required to check their emails, Google Classroom and REMIND for classroom information from your teachers. Classwork information can also be found by clicking the link below.
April 6, 2020
Spring Break begins on Monday, April 6. Online learning resumes on Tuesday, April 14
April 2, 2020
March 31, 2020
NOTICE: Virtual Town Hall Meeting About the Impact Covid-19. Submit your questions and sign-up here: bit.ly/HFCATownHall
March 29, 2020
March 22, 2020
#WeAreHFCA💪🏽 Principal Judith Parker provides an Emergency Closure/Covid-19 update including information about the school closure, graduation plans, chromebooks, and distance learning. For the latest information, please bookmark this page.
March 18, 2020
Learning Calendar Information
- March 23 to April 3: Online Virtual Learning for all Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy students
- Spring Break, April 6 to 13: No virtual online learning – students and staff off school
- April 13 – Until Further Notice: Online Virtual Learning continues for all HFCA students
We are asking that you reinforce with your scholar that this is not a vacation; rather, it is school in an alternative setting. Teachers will communicate learning objectives and provide instructional materials and assignments which will require completion at the beginning of each week. Teachers will also be assessing student learning.
We understand that transitioning from the classroom to virtual learning will require computing devices for all of our students. We are currently working to identify student needs regarding technology use. If you are in this situation, we are asking you to contact the office at (414) 873-4014 or visit https://howardfullerca.org/chromebook-check-out-information/
Internet Access: We encourage families to take advantage of Spectrum Internet’s offer of 60 days of Internet access for free. To get Internet installed, please call Spectrum at (844) 488-8395.
Technology Help Desk: For technology issues, please visit our Technology Help Desk, please click here. Or, email Mr. Attewell at email@example.com.
Our special education teachers will reach out to families of students with disabilities over the coming days to establish communication regarding student access to educational materials. The special education staff will work to modify and accommodate to the best of their ability the content which is available to all students to the maximum extent possible. Annual meetings will be held virtually and on time as planned.
March 17, 2020
- The safety and well-being of our scholars is our first priority. For that reason, Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy faculty and staff will be reaching out and conducting remote check-ins with all scholars in coming days. Students and families can also reach out to our Counseling Department by submitting a Counseling Ticket at this link: http://bit.ly/3aXNyK3
- Chromebook Check-Out Information: https://howardfullerca.org/chromebook-check-out-information/
- PROM: Prom scheduled for April 24 will be rescheduled with a date to be determined. Please stay tuned for details.
- Blood Drive: The Blood Drive scheduled for this Friday, March 20 has been cancelled.
- Open Mic Night: Open Mic Night scheduled for Friday, March 27 has been cancelled.
- National ACT Test: The ACT for juniors scheduled on Saturday, April 4 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
March 13, 2020
- Governor Evers issued an order mandating the closure of all K-12 schools due to COVID-19 on Friday, March 13.
- Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy will be closed starting Monday, March 16, 2020. School is scheduled to resume after Spring Break on April 14, 2020. Should that change in any way we will communicate that via email, social media and on our website at https://howardfullerca.org.
- Dr. Howard Collegiate Academy will continue to monitor the information shared by public health officials in an effort to protect the health and well-being of our students, their families, our staff, and the community. It is important to stress that there are no known cases of COVID-19 in our school at this time.
- While this is a break from school, it is not a break from learning. Scholars will work from home so that learning can continue. Weekly assignments will be distributed and due starting March 23.
- NOTICE: School Closed Due to Covid-19, March 13
- Parent and Family Update: Covid-19, March 12
- Coronavirus Message to Families, March 9
During day-to-day activities, people can take the following measures to prevent infection, in accordance with WHO guidelines:
- Clean the hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer. The CDC also make this recommendation, advising that sanitizer should contain “at least 60% alcohol” and that people should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean surfaces — such as kitchen seats and work desks — regularly with disinfectant.
- Avoid crowded areas when going out, for people over 60 years old and people with any underlying health problems.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who display flu-like symptoms, including coughing and sneezing.
- Get accurate information about COVID-19. Some good sources include the Pan American Health Organization and WHO websites.
- The American Red Cross also advises against touching the mouth, nose, or eyes when out and about, before having a chance to wash the hands.
The 211 social services hotline available for all Milwaukee area residents can be called at no charge, 24 hours a day. The service is similar to the 911 network that can be called in case of police, fire, and medical emergencies. Operators will provide callers with information on a wide variety of non-emergency family, financial, health and social service issues.Remember that help is as close as a free phone call to 2-1-1.
Faculty and Staff Directory
To reach a faculty or staff member using email, please use the link below for our Faculty and staff directory.
Technology Help Desk
HFCA students and staff should submit a ticket to Technology Help Desk if they are experiencing issues with technology. For Chromebook check-outs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholars can request an appointment with our Guidance Department by clicking the link below.
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
4030 N. 29th Street,
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© since 2013 by Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
Our Eight Character Strengths
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control