Dear MCA Families and Scholars,
There are few things that bring me more joy as a principal than connecting with MCA’s parents. I sincerely believe that the success of MCA scholars is a combination of commitment and effort from our school, our scholars and our parents.
Last week, MCA held it’s first Parent Council meeting and it was wonderful. We discussed goals for the year, parents provided valuable feedback and asked very insightful questions. We held a Power School demonstration so that our parents know how to access their scholars’ grades at any time. It was clear that we were all working toward the same goal; seeing our scholars to and through college. The cookies and punch were an added bonus.
A special thank you to Shareka McGee, (parent of two MCA scholars) for helping to coordinate the meeting and to all who attended.
Our next Parent Council meeting is Tuesday, November 25. However, there will be several other opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Our first Parent-Teacher Conferences of the year will the year will take place October 22 and October 23. Please be sure to attend one of the days. This is a great opportunity to connect with your scholar’s teachers and to learn about their successes and challenges this school year.
- Keep your ears open for a major celebration of Dr. Howard Fuller’s new book, “No Struggle, No Progress: A Warrior’s Story Black Power to Education Reform”. November 17, 2014, MCA plans to honor the Chair of MCA’s Board of Directors, Dr. Howard Fuller, in a very big way and we want you to be part. More information will be coming soon.
- Finally, continue to encourage our scholars to be their best selves everyday. Let’s make sure they are doing their homework, studying for weekly quizzes and tests and displaying positive character at all times. Help them understand how their choices and decisions today determine their lives in the future.
- Please feel free to reach out with any questions, concerns, thoughts or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (414) 873-4014.
- Follow us on Twitter at @MKEcollegiate or on Facebook at Milwaukee Collegiate Academy.
- Visit our website for the most up to date information at www.milwaukeecollegiateacademy.org.
- Please share your positive experiences with MCA on GreatSchools.org.
- Spirit Week: October 13 – 17
- Homecoming: October 17
- MCA College Fair: October 22
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: October 22 – 23
Working in love for our kids,
Rashida Evans, Proud Principal
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy