Are you ready for an adventure?
The Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy is excited to kick off our 2020-21 school year, even if we have to start it online. Due to concerns related to the COVID-19, we will begin the year of learning online and then re-evaluate in October if it is safe to open for face-to-face instruction. Our first day of school will be August 31, 2020.
I know this is not how you envisioned spending high school and some of us were frustrated with learning online this past spring, but I am happy to tell you that we have made some important changes to online learning that will support you even more.
First, we will have live classes–2 classes and Pride each day.
Second, you will have a mentor and be a part of a small Mentor Pride so that you can receivena high level of personal support and attention.
Third, you will receive updated technology to help support your efforts.
We will host Orientation and Chromebook pickup days starting August 17. You schedule an appointment to come to the school to:
- Exchange your computer for a new one if you have not yet returned your Chromebook;
- Return your required enclosed emergency forms;
- Take your Photo ID, Receive your class schedule, log-ins, and uniform shirts;
- Pick up your Math Supply Kit and notebooks that you will need for class;
- Receive a brief orientation about how the learning platform will work;
- Take a brief math assessment to determine placement for your math class; and
- Upload school applications on your personal device, so bring your cell phone.
Orientation and Chromebook pick-up is on a first come basis with 9th-grade and new students starting on Monday, August 17. Appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Friday, August 28. Please watch your email for a reservation form.
Parents, in addition to learning about the platforms your child will use in learning, you will also learn how we communicate here through applications and how we monitor grades. Please bring your cell phone so we can help you upload the school apps to your phone.
Our mission is to prepare your scholar for college and, in a lot of ways, the next few weeks will look and feel a lot like their future college experience. We are dedicated to ensuring that your scholar receives a high quality college preparatory education and we are committed to ensuring that he or she has an enjoyable college experience.
If you have any questions, you can call me at the school at (414) 873-4014 or email me at email@example.com.