Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy is NOW ENROLLING for the 2019-20 School Year! Are you searching for an academically challenging, and socially safe high school option? HFCA is a tuition-free, public charter high school and has limited seats in grades 9 through 11.
At Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy, it is personal & our students are at the center of everything we do.
Dr. Howard fuller collegiate academy by the numbers
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy EXCEEDS the state average for
post-secondary enrollment by 27%
- Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy 86.3% 86.3%
- Statewide 59% 59%
- Statewide (economically disadvantaged) 42.3% 42.3%
- Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) 46.7% 46.7%
- MPS (economically disadvantaged) 44.9% 44.9%
For seven years in a row, 100% of HFCA seniors have been accepted into college.
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy’s Class of 2019 earned $2.5 million in scholarships.
About Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy is a place where you can discover who you are and what you are capable of doing. It is a place to learn and grow. A place where you can dream and see those dreams become reality as you go to and through college. Is it the place for you?
Our school is a public charter high school delivering a college-focused education to high school students for more than ten years. We serve scholars in grades 9 through 12. Our school sets ambitious goals for student achievement and we believe that all scholars are capable of academic success. 100 perecent of our graduating seniors have been accepted into college over the past seven years.
We do more than prepare you for higher education. We provide you with the skills necessary to effect change in society and help transform your local, national and global communities.
Recent Dr. Howard Fuller Academy Graduates Have Been Acccpted To:
- Alabama A&M University
- Alverno College
- Howard University
- Grambling State University
- Kentucky State University
- Lakeland University
- Lane College
- Oakwood University
- Marian University
- Marquette University
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Mount Mary University
- Philander Smith College
- Tennessee State University
- Texas Southern University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- University of Wisconsin–Richland
2016-17 College Tours:
UW-Parkside • UW-Platteville • UW-Madison • UW-Milwaukee • UW-Whitewater Northern Illinois University • Tennessee State University • Vanderbilt University Alabama A&M University • Clark Atlanta University • Spelman College Morehouse College • Georgia Tech University • Marian University
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy Students:
- Graduate prepared to succeed in college and in life
- Grow through extended-day learning including after school clubs, academic programs, and sports teams
- Benefit from intensive college preparation including counseling and college tours
- Study under the guidance of creative, intelligent, and caring teachers
- Learn in a safe and secure environment
- Thrive in a school community that partners with parents, including regularly scheduled parent/student/teacher conferences and parent-focused school events
What We Ask of Our Students:
- Be accountable: Attend class every day on time and be productive, engaged and in the proper uniform. Know that staff will not accept excuses when students fall short of outlined expectations.
- Be responsible: Create a system for keeping track of your school assignments and stay up-to-speed with class work and homework.
- Be aware: Know that your attitude and your willingness to learn will affect your ability to succeed. Come to school prepared to learn every day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Enrollment at Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
For at-a-glance information about Milwaukee Collegiate Academy, please download our Fact Sheet below.
Activities and Athletics
Activities and Athletics With over 25 sports and activities at Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy, our students have many opportunities to spread their wings and test their talents in a variety of areas. Staying involved in after-school activities encourages students to explore areas they otherwise might not. Our students use extracurriculars to help learn teamwork, responsibility, and leadership. Among the opportunities available to MCA scholars are:
- 21 Club
- Alumni Day
- Boys & Girls Club (CLC)
- Black History Month
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Dance Team
- Homecoming & Spirit Week
- Lead To Succeed
- Pearls for Teen Girls
- Pep Rallies
- Poetry & Spoken Word
- Project Pioneer
- Running Club
- Student Council
- Student Ambassador Program
- Student Graphic Design Team
- Talent Shows
- Tech Ambassador Program
- Track & Field
- Yearbook Club and much more!
Request a Shadow Day
We are now enrolling for the 2019-20 school year. Students in grades 8th through 11th grade who are interested in finding out more about Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy are invited to share a day in the life one of our scholars. The visiting students attend classes, participate activities and enjoy lunch with one of our Student Ambassadors.
Video Gallery: See for yourself what Dr. Howard fuller Collegiate Academy has to offer
Enrollment Questions? Send Us a Message
Dr. Howard Fuller
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© since 2013 by Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control