Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy will be offering a required Winterim Experience for all students from January 6 through January 24, 2020. Winterim will provide students a unique opportunity to catch up before they lose credits in a class. This is especially critical this school year due to our planned transition to a new building in the summer of 2020. As a result, we may not be able to offer summer school opportunities for our students.
Winterim is also an opportunity for students needing credit recovery to get on track for graduation. Students who are on track will participate in a variety of opportunities including off-campus internships, job shadows, and special interest workshops.
NOTICE: Attendance at school during Winterim is not optional and regular attendance is required for every student, even those who are on track.
During Winterim, the first bell will ring at 8:55 a.m. and dismissal will be at 2:02 p.m. for all students. Breakfast and lunch will be served as usual. Students may arrive for breakfast at 8:35 a.m. As for Winterim, here are a few things to consider:
- Students who are on track will have opportunities for internships, job shadows, or a personalized expedition schedule.
- There will be no summer school and so no chance to recover credits that are not earned during Winterim. Our goal is to have every student caught up by the end of the semester, January 24.
- Students who do not participate or meet the attendance expectations during Winterim will also not earn course credit.
Finally, students who transfer to another school before January 24 and are off track in classes will not have earned the credits to transfer and may face having to repeat the course in the future school.
What is Winterim? Winterim offers:
- A shorter school day that focuses on completing 1st semester coursework so students can make progress toward promotion and graduation.
- An opportunity to explore careers through job shadows, community service, and expeditionary learning experiences. Students must coordinate this through the school and submit all paperwork by January 8, 2020.
- Incentive Field Trips. Field Trip slips are being sent home the week of January 6th.
Attendance by all students is required!
Scholars will receive important information during Morning Pride, so if you’re late you will miss out on receiving the information you need to have a productive and stress free day!
For more information about Winterim, please call our office at (414) 873-4014.
Holiday Schedule: Our offices are closed for Winter Break and will reopen Monday, January 6 for regular business hours.
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
4030 N. 29th Street,
Milwaukee, WI 53216
PHONE: (414) 873-4014
FAX: (414) 873-4344
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Judith Parker, Principal
© since 2013 by Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy
Our Eight Character Strengths
- Social Intelligence
- Self Control